Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shamrock Hunt

For family night this week we had a shamrock hunt. I got the idea from secrets of a super mommy blog. We invited our good friends the brown family over for the evening. What I did was hide 12 shamrock's around the house. Each shamrock had a number and I had 12 bags that matched each number. In each bag was something "green". Some bags were more "Lucky" than others. Some of the items I put into the bags were gum, dollar bill, 2 dollar bill, sour candy, green apples, green suckers and limes. The kids loved this activity. Andy hid the shamrocks so it took the kids a little while to find them all. After they found them they got to trade numbers with each other if they wanted to before they opened their bags. Each kid was able to get 2 shamrocks. We had shamrock cookies for dessert with green punch. We had a great night.









1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I did this SAME exact thing last year! It's such a hit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete